Donegal Lane and Fairfax Co. Parkway Intersection to Close
The closure begins Tuesday.
- April 5, 2012
The intersection of Donegal Lane and the Fairfax County Parkway will permanently close starting April 10.
Virginia Department of Transportation officials said that the intersection is closing and an overpass will instead carry the new alignment of Rolling Road over the Parkway.
Multiple lane closures will begin starting at 9 a.m. on Tuesday. Drivers may also run into temporary traffic stoppages between 10 a.m. and noon to allow crews to remove traffic signals.
Once the roadwork is complete, drivers will not be able to access Donegal Lane from the Fairfax County Parkway. Instead, they will have to take Rolling Road or take the Barta Road exit ramp.
For more information, go to vamegaprojects.com.
See More on Patch
- Top 16 of Virginia, DC: Teen Dies from Cancer, Cab Driver Assault, Internet Predator, Ellen Degeneres
- Volunteers Needed: Fairfax County Senior Services
- VDOT to Deploy 4,000 Snow Trucks Wednesday Morning in Northern Virginia
- Virginia Snow Storm 2013: Fairfax Station Weather, Closings, Traffic
- Weekly Top Stories: Police Chase in Belle Haven, Fatal Head-On Collision with Police Car