Fireworks Safety Tips from the Fire Department
Fairfax County offers the following tips for safe firework handling this Fourth of July
Fireworks Safety Tips from the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department
- Follow the manufacturer directions.
- Have water available for extinguishment of discarded fireworks or an emergency.
- Place legally purchased fireworks on a flat surface, clear of combustible materials and clear of all buildings.
- Light only one firework at a time.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Keep bystanders at least 25 feet away from fireworks.
- Do not permit young children to handle or light fireworks. (Sparklers can reach a temperature of 1800 degrees Fahrenheit.)
- Store fireworks in a cool, dry place.