The local Out of the Darkness Walk is one of 275 in communities across the country.
The September 2012 event featured:
- Informational displays by groups including CrisisLink and AFSP.
- Speakers including Springfield, Va., licensed clinical psychologist Dr. Amanda Warbel and Lorijane Graham, author of the "Hummingbird Project for Anyone Who Has Encountered Suicide".
- Remembrance Displays paying tribute to loved ones who died by suicide.
- An opportunity for survivors of suicide loss to offer each other reassurance and hope.
- A walk to raise money for continued research and programs.
Stories related to this photo gallery include:
- Bringing Suicide 'Out of the Darkness'
- National Suicide Prevention Week
- Suicide Prevention and Survivor Healing
- Suicide is A Problem in Our Community, Our Society
If you are in crisis, call CrisisLink at 1-800-273-TALK.