At its December 13, 2012, annual dinner the Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce will include recognition of award recipients nominated by members of the Greater Springfield community and selected by the Chamber’s awards committee.
Nominations are now being accepted for the following business awards:
• Arthur E. Morrissette “Top Hat” Service – given to a company exhibiting superior service to its customers and for its contributions to the Greater Springfield community.
• Corporate Citizen – given to a company demonstrating strong involvement to better the quality of life in the Greater Springfield area.
• Robert J. McDonough Businessperson of the Year – given to a business man or woman who excels in the promotion of his or her product or service.
And the following citizenship awards:
• Herb Hunter Citizen of the Year – given to an individual who has significantly contributed to improving the quality of life over a sustained number of years for the betterment of the Greater Springfield community.
• Public Service – given to a staff member of the Fairfax County police, fire department or sheriff’s office, or a Fairfax County Public School teacher or government employee who has performed beyond the call of duty for the benefit of the Greater Springfield community.
Download a nomination form. Nominations will be accepted through close of business on November 15, 2012.