It’s Tuesday, Aug. 13. Here are five things you need to know. Tell us what we need to know on the Patch message board!
1. Today: Attend the first Lego League Meeting at the Burke Centre Library. The League is a robotics program for 9-14-year-olds to get kids excited about science and technology. Learn more here.
2. You Said It: “They should go home. Give voters a chance to kick their tails.” One of our readers from Lorton responding to a question we asked about the annual August recess for members of Congress. Reports have noted this is the most unproductive Congress in recent memory.
3. ICYMI: Drug, possession, driving without a license and reckless driving were a few of the weekly arrests of Fairfax Station-area residents provided by Fairfax County Police.
4. Number of the Day: 25,000. That’s the number of “Parrotheads” flocking to the Jiffy Lube Amphitheater this weekend for a Jimmy Buffett concert. It was enough to scare the Virginia Department of Transportation into delaying a planned bridge opening near the venue.
5. There is a 60 percent of rain today and a high temperature of 83.
Have an awesome day!