A big chill in Northern Virginia continues through Tuesday night with highs in the 30s on Monday and Tuesday. Expect cloudy skies during the days and a possiblity for snow flurries Monday and Tuesday nights, according to the National Weather Service.
Temperatures will feel much colder Monday. Wind gusts up to 25 mph will continue through Monday afternoon.
As a result of the wind, the National Weather Service has issued a Small Craft Advisory until 3 p.m. Monday that includes the Potomac River. This means that wind speeds of 18 to 33 knots are expected to produce hazardous wave conditions for small craft. Inexperienced mariners, especially those operating smaller vessels, should avoid boating in these conditions.
Here are the daily details:
Monday expect mostly sunny skies with a high in the mid-30s, although it will feel colder thanks to the blustery winds. Monday evening will see a 70 percent chance of snow flurries. (The Capital Weather Gang gives the possibility for snow flurries only a 30 percent chance.)
Tuesday will start out cloudy and get sunnier as the day wears on. With highs in the upper 30s and winds dying down, it won't seem quite as chilly as Monday. There's another chance for flurries Tuesday night, but just a 40 percent chance.
The week begins to warm up on Wednesday with partly sunny skies and temperatures heading into the lower 40s.
Thursday is looking like a decent weather day with mostly sunny skies and highs in the 40s.
Friday is cloudy, but temperatures should climb a bit into the upper 40s. Saturday will also be in the upper 40s with sunny skies.
The next full moon is Feb. 25.