- Dress the bed with your very best, freshly laundered linens.
- Have a stack of extra blankets and pillows easily accessible so your house guests can feel pampered and comfortable.
- Place a tray prepared with a healthy snack and a pitcher and a glass on the nightstand.
- Write the access code to your wireless internet on a pretty piece of stationery and place it on the bed with a small box of sweets.
- A vase of flowers on the dresser signals to your guests how much their visit means to you.
- Dusty, plastic flowers send the exact opposite message, so make it “real” or don’t do it at all.
The guest bath is just as important to the comfort of your holiday guests as the bedroom. Simple updates such as new tile or plumbing fixtures can be done quickly and within a limited budget. Whether you choose to renovate or not, be sure to supply the guest bath with a tall stack of fresh towels, adequate necessary items like soaps and tissue, and a candle and matches so your guests feel at home.
The holidays are about taking time to visit with friends and family. Preparing for their arrival will alleviate stress for you as well as for them and ensure the creation of the nothing but happiest of memories.