Dinner theater plans, the Clifton Gala and the status of a playground in the Children's Park are all on the agenda at tonight's Clifton Town Council meeting at 7:30 p.m. at the Clifton Town Meeting Hall, 12641 Chapel Road in Clifton.
On the agenda:
- Report from the Treasurer, Architectural Review Board and Planning Commission.
- The council will also hear from committees who are organizing Clifton Dinner Theater plans, an update of the date of the Clifton Gala (April 21), and a discussion of removal of stumps and logs at the playground at Children's Park.
- Also on the agenda: List of use permits for town businesses.
- The council will hear from citizens who have signed up ahead of time with the Town Council clerk.
- The council will address unfinished business, including: a change to sign ordinance and a report on the first Clifton Cookie Quest.
New business scheduled to be discussed includes:
- the replacement of a sign for Buckley Park
- a memorial service for Bob Achor
- hiring a part-time town manager/consultant
- a Clifton Town Council seat on the Fairfax County Economic Advisory Commission
- a Band Concert in Children's Park on June 14
- a proposal to install portable toilets at Children's Park throughout the summer
- a discussion of the fiscal year budget, ending June 30, 2014