Here we are in the last week of summer! Wow, the season just flew by. Here are some area events going on this week.
1. Celebrate Janamshtami, the birth of the Hindu god Krishna, on Tues., Aug. 27 at 8:30 p.m. at the Durga Temple.
2. The Central Campus Fairfax Choral Society Youth Choruses will be holding auditions and voice placement checks on Wed. Aug. 28 and Thurs. Aug. 29, at Annandale United Methodist Church, located at 6935 Columbia Pike. All youth singers ages 5 through high school are welcome.
3. There’s a farmers’ market at the Workhouse Arts Center on Thursday, from 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
4. And speaking of the Workhouse, here are some more weekly events:
- The final three performances of “Fame - The Musical” are on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Tickets cost $20 and the curtain rises at 7:30 p.m.
- Celtic band OCEAN Orchestra is playing the final (and free) Mount Vernon Nights Summer Concert Series on the Workhouse quad on Saturday at 7:00 p.m.
5. Congregation Adat Reyim and Beth El Hebrew Congregation are prepping for the High Holidays on Sunday at 7:30 p.m. for a multi-faceted evening of prayer, beautiful music, delicious desserts and insightful conversation.
6. This is the final week to enjoy the waterslides at Pirate’s Cove Waterpark at Pohick Bay Regional Park!
7. The Fairfax Station Railroad Museum will have HO, N scale and Lego trains on display from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Have a great week!