The Clifton Café is a customer favorite for its gourmet coffee, delicious baked goodies and quiet, conversation-friendly atmosphere. It is located in the Weaver House, a bright blue cottage across the street from the Heart in Hand Restaurant. The cozy atmosphere was created by owner Erin Tengesdal, who launched the Clifton Café in 2009. Erin and her staff greet customers with bright smiles and offer terrific service.
When the café first opened, the menu concentrated primarily on coffee and breakfast foods. Now you can order an incredible array of crepes, sandwiches, and soups. You can design your own crepe if you want to be innovative or select from a mouthwatering list of "custom creations." These include Erin's Eclectic Berry Crepe, made with fresh berries, whipped cream and powdered sugar; Hannah's Denver with ham, cheese, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and green peppers; and Silva's Savory Chicken, which has chicken, cheese, guacamole, and salsa.
The menu also includes more than 32 made-to-order crepes and sandwiches. Don't forget all the cookies, bagels, croissants, muffins that drew customers to the cafe originally, as well as its new vegetarian specialties.
The Kids Corner menu features snow cones, smoothies, hot chocolate, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
The coffee and tea selections are as varied as the food menu. The black coffee is delicious, robust and aromatic. Espresso Specialties include lattes, cappuccinos and macchiatos with a range of flavorings. Chai, tea and café au lait, as well as many tasty iced beverages, round out the choices.
The Clifton Cafe is a small town, homegrown business. Like Clifton itself, it is quaint and cutting edge at the same time. The ambience is charming, and customers are welcomed like neighbors and friends.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 6am - 6pm; Sat, Sun, 8am - 6pm.
- Handicap Accessible: A ramp leads up to the Clifton Cafe's entry.
- Founding Date: March 2009
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Low calorie, Natural, Organic, Sugar-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.cliftoncafe.com/node/6
- Specialties: Silva's Savory Crepe; Ana's Nutty Banana Berry Crepe, Julie's Fetish, and Bittner's Bliss
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- What makes this community special?: It's a very friendly walking town. You can leave your house, walk down the street to get a loaf of bread, and then stop for a cappuccino and ice cream.